Protecting Your Privacy
At Elizabeth Gage, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our clients and site visitors. We totally understand and respect how important privacy is.
For all our services, the data controller is Elizabeth Gage Limited. We are responsible for your privacy
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. Please see below the details of what we do with your information and why we do it.
- We need your name and contact details so that we can deliver your purchases.
- We need your payment information so that we can process your orders.
- We collect the information you give us when you browse our site including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
- We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site, and developing new products.
- We also use your information to improve our website which will hopefully give you a better site experience.
- We also use your information to help protect our website and prevent and detect fraud against either you or us and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your information.
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our very best client experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is vital in order do that. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our clients and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we will send you marketing messages by email to keep you aware of Elizabeth’s new collections and general information about what is going on here at Elizabeth Gage Limited. However if you would like to stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time, you can do one of the following:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our newsletter email
- By contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org If you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
Seeing adverts for Elizabeth Gage online
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of Elizabeth’s new collections and general information about what is going on at Elizabeth Gage Limited.
Like many companies, we target Elizabeth Gage advertising to you when you are on other websites. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The advertising you see will be based on information we hold about you or your previous use of Elizabeth Gage website.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us directly at email@example.com
Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy